Faculty Opportunities - Application Process
General Critieria for Faculty Positions
The following considerations are utilized in making faculty appointments for spring, summer and fall semesters:
- The University of Georgia faculty has priority for teaching positions. Should no University of Georgia faculty member be interested in a particular semester, we will review applications from outside the University of Georgia for teaching appointments.
- Appointments are usually made to faculty who hold the terminal degree in their field and have been teaching full-time at the university level at least three to five years.
- Previous travel in Italy or participation in a studies abroad program can be an important consideration for assigning the varied responsibilities of teaching in a program such as ours.
- As the Cortona program hosts a new faculty and student body each semester, prospective faculty must submit an application for each occasion they wish to teach in Cortona.
Exceptions: University of Georgia, LDSOA Faculty whose application materials are on file with the Cortona program, current within three years.
UGA LDSOA Faculty will submit application materials directly to the Cortona office at the address provided below.
Non UGA Applicants will provide required application materials through the SlideRoom portal: artuga.slideroom.com (SlideRoom does require an application fee of $15.00.)
A complete application should include the following:
- Completed Franklin College Application Form:< >Current UGA Faculty (PDF)Non-UGA Faculty (PDF)Please note that the following items are requested with this completed form:
- current CV
- unedited copies of your most recent student course evaluations
- Images of your work (15-20).
- A list of three (or more) references including addresses, phone numbers, and email address.
- Any additional material you feel is pertinent for teaching with the University of Georgia Studies Abroad Program in Cortona, Italy.
Applicants wishing to teach during a Spring or Summer program must apply by February 7 of the year prior to the proposed semester in residence.
Applicants wishing to teach during a Fall program must apply by October 1 of the year prior to the proposed semester in residence.
Applications for current UGA LDSOA Faculty should be sent to:
Chris Robinson, Cortona Program Director University of Georgia
1324 S.Lumpkin Street
Athens, GA 30602-7676
The review process for candidates involves the approval of:
- Director of the Cortona Studies Abroad Program
- Director of the Lamar Dodd School of Art
- LDSOA Studies Abroad Committee
- Franklin College Study Abroad Committee