- An applicant must be a non-transient, degree-seeking major at the University of Georgia and completed at least one semester as an undergraduate or graduate student at UGA prior to taking part in a study abroad program.
- An applicant must be in good standing at the time of submission of this application as well as during any semester s/he is to receive scholarship funds. Preference will be given to applicants with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- An applicant must be enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application, and an applicant is expected to take an appropriate full-course load (3 hours for a Fall/Spring break; 6-9 hours for summer; 12-15 hours for fall and spring) during the study abroad experience.
- Must be a currently enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application, and an applicant is expected to take an appropriate program full-course load (minimum of 9 hours for summer; minimum of 12 hours for fall and spring) during the study abroad experience. Must also be Undergraduate or Graduate in an Art or Art History degree-seeking or intended major or declared minor. Please see the below list of scholarships for transient or non-transient (UGA student) eligibility.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of this application.
- A 1-2 page essay (500-1000 words) that outlines your educational, personal, and professional goals and explains, in turn, how these connect to your plans for studying abroad in Cortona.
- In addition to the recommendation provided within your program application, a second recommendation is required, attesting to your academic qualifications and personal attributes. Ask your evaluator to explain how they know you and how long they had an opportunity to observe your academic and personal accomplishments. For best results, you should approach professors and instructors who have taught you advanced or challenging subjects. If you choose a recommender who are not university faculty, they should speak to extra-curricular or work activities that are highly relevant to your major or other professional goals. This recommendation should be submitted electronically through the online application's recommendations section. Recommendations from relatives are not appropriate.
*These scholarships are available for Fall, Spring, and Summer Cortona programs.