Each of the scholarships listings below links to an online application hosted on UGA’s Terra Dotta system; each link opens in a new window. Current UGA students with a UGA MyID can sign in and proceed with the application. Non-UGA Students or those without a valid UGA MyID can create a guest account to proceed. Contact the UGA Cortona Office at 706-542-7120 or via email with any questions you may have about applying for scholarships.
- An applicant must be a non-transient, degree-seeking major at the University of Georgia and completed at least one semester as an undergraduate or graduate student at UGA prior to taking part in a study abroad program.
- An applicant must be in good standing at the time of submission of this application as well as during any semester s/he is to receive scholarship funds. Preference will be given to applicants with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- An applicant must be enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application, and an applicant is expected to take an appropriate full-course load (3 hours for a Fall/Spring break; 6-9 hours for summer; 12-15 hours for fall and spring) during the study abroad experience.
- Click here to apply for this scholarship.
Franklin College of Arts and Sciences UGA Cortona Study Abroad Scholarships
- Must be a currently enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application, and an applicant is expected to take an appropriate program full-course load (minimum of 9 hours for summer; minimum of 12 hours for fall and spring) during the study abroad experience. Must also be Undergraduate or Graduate in an Art or Art History degree-seeking or intended major or declared minor. Please see the below list of scholarships for transient or non-transient (UGA student) eligibility.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of this application.
- A 1-2 page essay (500-1000 words) that outlines your educational, personal, and professional goals and explains, in turn, how these connect to your plans for studying abroad in Cortona.
- In addition to the recommendation provided within your program application, a second recommendation is required, attesting to your academic qualifications and personal attributes. Ask your evaluator to explain how they know you and how long they had an opportunity to observe your academic and personal accomplishments. For best results, you should approach professors and instructors who have taught you advanced or challenging subjects. If you choose a recommender who are not university faculty, they should speak to extra-curricular or work activities that are highly relevant to your major or other professional goals. This recommendation should be submitted electronically through the online application's recommendations section. Recommendations from relatives are not appropriate.
- Scholarships available for Fall, Spring, and Summer Cortona programs:
- DEL MARTIN AMICA di CORTONA SCHOLARSHIP
- RICK JOHNSON ART IN CORTONA SCHOLARSHIP
- JOHN D. KEHOE CORTONA PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP
- JANE WILLSON CORTONA STUDIES ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP
- MIKE NICHOLSON DRAWING & PAINTING STUDY IN CORTONA AWARD
- JUDY VOSS JONES CORTONA ART SCHOLARSHIP
- CHARLES MORGAN CORTONA SCHOLARSHIP
- CORTONA EXPERIENCE ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP
- ERIC E. FITZPATRICK STUDY ABROAD FUND
UGA Lamar Dodd School of Art Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Jack Usry Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to an outstanding undergraduate student who wishes to study in Cortona and may have financial need
- Cynthia Yavinsky Art Abroad Scholarship: Awarded to an outstanding undergraduate student to participate in a study abroad experience that will enrich his or her appreciation in art
- Laura Nicole Reynolds Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to an outstanding Photography student who is participating in the Cortona Study Abroad Program
- Norman L. Cole Award: Awarded to outstanding students from Georgia, who graduated from an accredited Georgia High School and will attend the Cortona program. This student must be a legal resident of the State of Georgia
In addition to these specific UGA Cortona scholarships, the UGA Office of Global Engagement Funding and Scholarships web page lists other opportunities and resources for students studying abroad.